Quick Tips: Access Denied when running Test-CsExStorageConnectivity

Hello Readers I was recently building a new lab and ran into this issue Error Message Test-CsExStorageConnectivity : ExCreateItem  exchange operation failed, code=5,   Cause This issue is generally caused by not having the correct permissions, you can check your permissions by running whoami /groups. The below output shows the missing permissions you should either…

EnableFastFailoverTimer in Lync 2013 and Unqualified SIP Provider SBA dont mix

Hello Readers I have recently been assisting a colleague on a customer site with a Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 Migration and run into some strange behaviour issues after migration of the Mediation Servers from 2010 to 2013. A large amount of alerts was being generated into SCOM with the event ID 46046 Event 46046,…

Skype for Business/Lync Server Cumulative Updates

Hello Readers A very simple blog but I always end up googling for this information so why not store it on my blog Skype for Business 2015 Server cumulative updates Base SfB Cumulative Update (6.0.9319.0) June 2015 Cumulative Update (6.0.9319.45) September 2015 Cumulative Update (6.0.9319.88) November 2015 Cumulative Update (6.0.9319.102) March 2016 Cumulative Update (6.0.9319.235)…

Note from the field: Lync 2010 SE to Lync 2013 EE Decommission – How I did it

Hello Readers I have recently been tasked in “Decommissioning Microsoft Lync Server 2010 SE Front End” after being successfully moved to Lync 2013 Enterprise Edition. I accept this post is not the be all and end all in Decommissioning Microsoft Lync 2010 Server but a rough guide to others future decommissions. Information about the Environment…

Lync 2010 Decommission Error Removing McxStandalone.msi (Error returned while installing Code 1603)

Hello Readers, I have recently been decommissioning Lync 2010 FE Server but ran into a weird issue where Removing Components from the Deployment would fail at the stage of removing mcxstandalone.msi as per the error message below. Removing McxStandalone.msi(Feature_WebComponent_Autodiscover)..failure code 1603 Error returned while installing McxStandalone.msi(Feature_WebComponent_Autodiscover)..failure code 1603 I can confirm the McxStandalone.msi existed in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Lync…

Note from the field: When Migrating Lync 2010 to Lync 2013 with UM Enabled

Hello Readers, This post is just a reminder that when “Migrating from Lync Server 2010 to Lync Server 2013” you will need to repoint your UM IP Gateway to the new pool/server. If this doesn’t happen you will be unable to retrieve voicemail messages and callers will not be able to leave a Voicemail message.…

The -Force is weak with this one Lync 2010 CsUser Migration to 2013

Hello Readers, Here’s an issue I come across today after users was migrated from Lync 2010 to Lync 2013. The naughty -force command was in the script that was used to do the job and it moved all conferencing data but left behind everyone contacts. It didn’t affect everyone on site only a select few…

MSMQ must not be in workgroup operation mode

Hello Readers, Here is another issue I come across when playing with the Lab environment at home. Installing the Lync Server Components I received the following error Prerequisite not satisfied: Message Queuing Server and Message Queuing Directory Service Integration must be installed before attempting to install this product. MSMQ must not be in workgroup operation…

SqlExpressRtcLocal – Failure Code 2068578304

Hello Readers Here is an issue I come across when deploying the Local Configuration Store onto a customer site.SqlExpressRtcLocal..installing..failure code – 2068578304 The Prerequisite installation failed: SqlExpressRycLocal The fix that I used was to manually running the SQLExpress Install from the Lync Media. Once the installation was completed, I re-run the Install Local Configuration Wizard…

Lync 2010 Error when running Install-CsDatabase – Script Failed (Code "1")

   Hello Readers, Here is another error I experienced in my lab environment today when running Install-CsDatabase -Update -ConfiguredDatabases -SqlServerFqdn fe01.lynclab1.local -UseDefaultSqlPaths   This issue was being caused of an old enter for a Monitoring Server that no longer within my lab. After deleting the Monitoring Server and republishing the topology. I re-run the PowerShell…