As you already may know there has been a new release of firmware for the Polycom CX500, CX600 and CX3000 Lync Edition Phones. The download link for the software can be found here
This cumulative update fixes the following issues:
- 2703325 Updates are available that enable the “Music on Hold” feature on Lync Phone Edition telephones
- 2781616 Description of the cumulative updates for Lync Phone Edition that add support for additional languages
- 2781617 A common area phone that is running Lync Phone Edition does not try to sign in after the Front End server restarts
- 2802790 Graphic output is not displayed correctly on the screen of a Polycom telephone that is running Lync Phone Edition
- 2781618 A white screen or a white horizontal line appears on a Polycom telephone that is running Lync Phone Edition
- 2781620 White lines appear on the screen of a Polycom telephone that is running Lync Phone Edition
I can honestly say I have seen issue 2781620 across my customer environment so glad this has now been resolved in this update.
The question now is how to deploy the update. This can be done very easily by thanks to a UC Architect buddy of mine Pat Richard and his script designed to upload the firmware to the Lync Control Panel. So make sure you head over to his blog to obtain the script. If you infrastructure doesnt support unassigned scripts make sure you go to the properties of the .ps1 and press unblock.
The blog post for the script is found here