I am happy to say that Skype for Business 2015 Management Pack is here and as a avid fan of SCOM Monitoring for you “Skype for Business” deployments. I will soon be doing updated blog posts about Monitoring your SfB with the new pack and WatcherNodes.
You can grab the new management pack by head over to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=47364
With this new management pack it is only supported on the following;
Supported Operating System
- Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2
System Center Operations Manager:
- System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2
- System Center Operations Manager 2012; 64-bit agents only
For the details of what the management pack offers are as followed;
Skype for Business Server 2015, Management Pack contain comprehensive monitoring tools including:
- End-to-End scenario availability from various locations.
- Call reliability and quality perceived by real users.
- Component health and performance.
Active Monitoring Management pack
- Geographically distributable end-to-end scenario validation for Skype for Business Server 2015 deployments. This includes coverage for internal, remote and branch office users.
- Increased scenario coverage in areas like AV Edge Connectivity and Exchange Unified Message Connectivity.
- Enhanced troubleshooting logs to streamline root cause analysis of failures.
Component and User Management Pack
- Increased reliability monitoring of real end user calls and conferences.
- Integrated media quality alerts driven from Quality of Experience (QoE) data reported by client applications.
- Full event and performance monitoring for all Skype for Business Server 2015 roles
The current version number of the management pack is 9319.0
Currently there is no installation instructions at the time of right this post as the link to the Technet documentation is broken.